Saturday, March 29, 2008

1040...Itemized Deductions...WHAT???


As many of you know, Todd and I have been extremely upset for the past 6 weeks about our taxes. Our attempt to crunch the numbers revealed we were going to be paying about $5000 in federal alone....a far cry from getting money back for the last 8 years! A few more desperate calculations were no different. Agonizing hours were then spent going through a 10 page tax form trying to recall every penny we had spent in the last year that fit in any of the categories and another 2 hours with a tax account specializing in helping physicians proved very fruitful however.

The VERDICT...we owe $1200 in federal and are actually getting $400 back from the state.

Tax Account Fee $250...I sadly may not have a cute article of clothing or pair of shoes to show for that amount of money, but definitely some of the best money I have ever spent!

Good luck to the rest of you as April 15 quickly approaches!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Megan, I am so proud of you......you did a post and all by yourself....awesome....sorry about the Nordstrom dress.....I love you and miss you!

Mindy M. said...

Sorry Meg & Todd!! I took our taxes to get done this week and we are getting back, more than last year, but this will be the lasttime that happens. I really do HATE tax time and wonder why we even have taxes? Go figure. I love your new blog, good job!! Miss ya & love ya, take care!!

Emily said...

I AM GLAD IT ISN'T 5000. HOPE YOU ARE DOING GOOD!