Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Got this off of my dear friend Alissa's blog...
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember--it can be funny, weird, awkward, random, etc.!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you!
C--character and personality, can always make you laugh
O--obsessessed with sports...a true sports junkie and super smart about every player and team
L--loving, kind, tender-hearted, so smart
T--terrific brother to Cannon and Crew
O--obedient...always chooses the right
N--never fails to give me a smile and hug...
Wish I was there to sing all 4 verses of the birthday song to you...hope that you have a great day!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Happy Birthday Greg! Thank you for being such a great husband to my sister and a wonderful father to my most favorite boys!
G-great husband and father...his boys adore him as you can see above
E-entertaining, always joking around
G-gifted drug rep
Thursday, July 10, 2008
1. Bugs, spiders, snakes...have a horrible phobia that should probably be treated by a psychiatrist!
2. Never finishing my training with enough energy to enjoy life once it is over
3. Not being able to have kids after waiting so long
1. Finishing residency
2. Becoming a mother and a better wife once residency is finally over
3. Increasing my spiritual side with some more free time that I am still waiting to enjoy during this next year
1. My husband and family
3. Traveling...and shopping on vacation
THREE RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I could live on chocolate alone
2. Even if I had all the money in the world, I would still practice medicine
3. Can't wait to move back to Utah to be closer to family and to be able to water ski/wakeboard and snow ski again!
THREE PEOPLE I TAG:
3. Kelli Clinger
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
This is my journey to work everyday. This week has been a very busy one, with 4 out of 7 nights being woken several times to answer resident's questions including a midnight venture back to Beverly Hills. However, it has also one been filled with countless new things learned. I feel very blessed to be in this position and have the opportunity to increase my knowledge and become a better doctor.
My first patient of the year passed away today. Young, wonderful husband and children, very sad. More than a few tears were shed with the husband and in private. Never gets any easier to watch a family suffer such grief, pain and loss. Hopefully there are very few of these moments this year.
Oh yes, and 2 famous people seen passing in the main lobby this week. Sorry, policy does not me permit to disclose their identity.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
As only Weezer can say it, "Beverly Hills, that's where I want to be...living in Beverly Hills." My days of serving the indigent, Spanish speaking only..."Tiene nausea or diarrhea, cirujia ante...si o no", cross the border from Mexico and come straight to the hospital with a diagnosis and full medical chart looking for only the health care the great U-S-of A can provide, and less we forget the never-ending gang-bangers of Los Angeles (I sure will miss my gunshot wound gangsters yelling at each other from their respective gurnies about me being their doctor) is now on sabbatical for a year as I will now be treating the rich and the famous at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Beverly Hills. Today was the first official day of my trauma and surgical critical care fellowship in which I will be completing over the next year before heading back to fabulous Harbor-UCLA for my final 2 years of general surgery training. I feel very blessed to have this position, one usually filled by someone who has finished their entire surgery residency. Today was spend in 6 hours of Fire Safety Training, which after about 30 minutes I was ready to set myself on fire as an example to be extinguished just to get out of the thing. Besides, I already have first hand experience and putting out fires as I had to extinguish a patient and the fire engulfing him earlier this year in our emergency room. He decided to smoke while on oxygen in his isolation room...very tragic, passed away the next day. Back to orientation, less we digress. There was an hour and a half between our morning and afternoon sessions during which I was able to amuse myself by shopping Robertson Blvd...aka, shopping boulevard to the celebrities. One store I was in kept talking about Nikki Hilton being in there that morning and how they were glad the paparazzi were finally gone. I have to admit, it will be tough spending free time at the Beverly Center..."honey, patient not doing well, not sure when I will be able to make it home"...interpretation, I am shopping and will be home later. Bloomies, H&M, Steve Madden, MAC, Chanel, BCBG, Kitson just to name but a few....oh yeah, and I will be getting excellent training!