Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vacation to Utah...Continued

The remainder of our time in Utah was met with much mixed emotion after the sudden passing of my Aunt Susan. My mom, Laurel, Judy, Bart and myself were able to spend some time grieving with her dear family as well as my immediate family on Wednesday, the day following her death.

That Thursday was a day of appointments....dentist and hair salon....both must-stops every trip home. What would we do without our dear Aunt Emily who keeps us all looking so good! Thursday night was a great dinner at Union Station with Todd's mom, dad, sister Jennifer and her darling little boy Ashton, as well as my mommy and daddy, Jocelyn, Laurel and Brady. So sad that I don't have any pictures, especially since I had my camera with me!



Friday was a fun day spent with great families! We lunched that afternoon at a place my family kept raving about right along the Ogden River with Mom, Grammy, Todd, me, Jocelyn, as well as with Jennifer and Ashton. The food and atmosphere, especially the company, was great...too bad it was too cold to eat outside and really enjoy the scenery.

How I do so love and absolutely adore these two fantastic, beautiful ladies!!!
On our way home from lunch we had to drive along Fruitland Drive and admire the handiwork of Laurel and Mom as well as a few men from the ward. One of the ward-members husband's has been deployed in Iraq for 18 months and arrived home to a welcoming flag-lined street!

18 flags in the yard, one for each month Brent was gone.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture the flags along the road....

Friday evening we had a nice dinner at my favorite place, Maddox, with Todd's family.

The Grunander clan...minus me



Saturday Todd and I were able to sleep in and then watch the BYU--New Mexico game with my mom and dad. We all had tickets to go, however Dad was on call and couldn't leave Ogden so we decided to not brave the cold, snowing weather and all watch it on tv. That night we had a great game of cards...too bad my husband has to cheat and win every time!!!

Mom and Laurel enjoying their good hands!

This picture isn't too far off from the truth...CHEATER!

While we played cards, Brady took the following poll:

"Who would you rather break their leg: Max Hall (BYU quaterback) or me???"

I think his feelings and ego were a little bruised when it was a unanimous vote for Brady to break his leg....and without question a very easy choice! Although, that was before this last BYU-TCU game. Maybe you should redo that poll, the answer my be different...

Sad but True...fell asleep at the table after the last hand of cards.

Thanks Wolthuis and Grunander families for all the great memories!!! Already counting down to the next vacation....December 26 isn't that far away!!!

7 comments:

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

You need a vacation to recover from your vacation, it looks like you had a great time. It must be a guy thing, Charlie cheats like crazy as well, although, he is always saying that I am the one who cheats! (Which is true, but he is no saint!) Maybe that is why we don't play a lot of games any more.

Emily said...

Love all your pictures. Wish I could have seen you guys more! When are you going to post your pictures from SF?

Laurel said...

Loved having you here and can't wait til December...it would be even more perfect if Paisley was here then too...that would only be a few weeks early...hope all is well. Love and miss you!

Veronica said...

It was so fun to have you here! We miss you! It was a fun trip but also full of sorrow with Susan's passing. I still can't believe it and think about her every day. I hope you are surviving! I worry about you every second with your work stresses and lack of sleep! Love all the pictures. The one at Pellotons is sweet. I don't like the one of me playing cards....i needed my lipstick, no matter what you all say....I look washed out and old as dirt!!! Love you dearest!

Char Baby said...

I love the pictures especially the camera you use, It makes me look thinner and even my hair looks good. I love when you are here and we can be together. Endure these next few months at Cedars and it will get bettet. love you

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy life...we will have to catch up some time.

Mindy M. said...

I miss you so much!! I am so glad you got to come home for a visit!! Loved all the pictures you took and so sorry I missed lunch with you at Peletons. It is a fun place! Can't wait until Dec. ~ play, play play!!