Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday





It is a Thursday morning.
It is 9:27AM and I am still in bed listening to "Regis and Kelly"
in the background.
I have worked about a gazillion hours in the past week trying to
"restore the flow".... I am on vascular surgery and working furiously
to try to save patients limbs from poor blood supply.
Funny how these emergencies always tend to present to the
ER late in the evening...
However, all these late night emergencies have earned me a day off
in the middle of the week!
I almost don't know what to do with myself...
Oh wait...is that my pager I hear???
Yes, for the 5th time this morning
not including the 2 direct phone calls.
Maybe it would have been easier to just go to work.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

You work harder than ANYONE I know and deserve a day off. Sorry they won't leave you alone, that is what happens when you are the best surgeon. : ) Glad you are getting guests in a week and I hope you get a break then. Love ya!

Veronica said...

Honey, I do hope you actually get a "day off" or something that might amount to a few hours off. You are the hardest worker and always doing your best no matter how tired you are. Just think......we will be making turkey together a week from today. Love you so much!

Jill said...

So happy you have a day off! Wish they could just leave you alone for a bit! :) Amazing all you have accomplished!!! How fun that your family will be there next week for Thanksgiving!

Emily said...

just think we get to see you in a few weeks and you will have 1 week off work. Love ya!

stretchyfernia said...

I love thursdays! Its the 2nd to the last day before weekend..aahahhaha...doctors are on call 24/7 arggghhh so the profession demands

stretch mark removal cream said...

the profession you choose requires 24/7 service to people, the only consolation you get is you look so lovey as a couple.