Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quick Trip to Utah...

I was able to take a quick trip to Utah this weekend to attend my dear friend Alissa's baby shower. Alissa and I became friends soon after starting medical school and I feel so blessed to have her friendship! Here is a brief recap of the visit...

I rushed from a meeting at Cedars in Beverly Hills to get to the airport, leaving the hospital only an hour and a half before my flight was scheduled to leave. I was able to get my bag checked and through security arriving at the gate as they were boarding the flight...not a minute to spare. As I got seated, I realized that Danny Glover from "Lethal Weapon" fame was sitting right in front of me. As the doors were closely, the flight attendant asked him to take his bluetooth out of his ear as he was sitting in an exit row and needed to be instructed of what to do in case of emergency. Well, he was angered by the request and quickly started arguing with the flight attendant. She then proceeded to walk to the front of the plane and notify the captain, which scared him into submission. Thankfully, the remainder of the flight was uneventful.

Mom, Emily and Crew picked me up at the airport and we then met Dad, Laurel and Brady, Jocelyn and Cameron, Colton and Cannon for dinner at Cafe Rio. No visit to Utah is complete without pork burritos. We then went to Babies R Us to all express our opinion on which crib Laurel should get. As Crew got restless with shopping, Brady took him to the car to play. As we walked out, Crew is rocking back and forth standing at the wheel as he had quickly discovered that banging the steering wheel with his belly would employ the horn.


Saturday morning I was able to attend the Hooper Tomato Days Rodeo Queen Contest in which MaKenzie was competing. She is absolutely beautiful and so poised. It was fun to cheer her on and I am excited to report that she not only won queen, but also scored the highest in every category.


I traveled to Salt Lake Saturday afternoon for the baby shower. It was so great to spend time with Alissa and Amber, my other BFF from medical school. They are absolutely the best and I can't wait to be back in Utah and living closer to both of them...they are definitely my soul-sisters and I can't imagine having survived medical school without either of them!


The proud momma-to-be.



Amber, OB-Gyn resident at the U of U.
Alissa, just completed her pediatric residency at Primary Childrens.
I will definitely in good hands for health care when I move back!
Sunday I was able to attend church and hear my Dad's never failing Gospel Doctrine lesson. Mom of course made a fantastic Sunday dinner and then I was off to LA. It was a great weekend and I am so lucky to be able to be close enough to fly home for these quick but much needed and so very priceless visits!
The Wolthuis Family will be meeting in Seattle in 3 weeks for a baseball and football game...will be counting the days until then!!!

5 comments:

Mindy M. said...

I am so glad that you were able to come for a short visit!! I really do miss you living so far away, but do enjoy the visits! Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to come and cheer on my sweet princess Saturday ~ it was fun to have your there, holding bobbypins and all!! Can't wait for October when you're going to be here longer. We will have to have an all day card marathon!!!!!!!!!!

Laurel said...

Your trip was way to short, but lots of fun. Thanks for visiting and I can't wait for September in Seattle.

Veronica said...

Loved having you here and so glad we were able to do a few things. I know that Alissa and Amber were thrilled to see you and catch up. Can't wait till it is official and you are home to stay. Love you!

John and Brittney said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Can't wait to see you in Seattle, we are really excited!

Emily said...

I am glad I got to see you. I love that picture of Crew. Happy Anniversary too!