Wednesday, August 20, 2008

HAPPY 9th ANNIVERSARY...

Our Engagement

Our Wedding August 20, 1999



On the Disney Cruise with the Wolthuis Family May 2007
Todd and I met at the age of 12 in the 7th grade. I never could have imagined then what joy and happiness that Todd would ultimately bring into my life. In our 9 years of marriage, we have lived in 4 cities and endured 3 moves, survived obtaining undergraduate degrees during which Todd was a busy WSU track star and I strived for title of "Best Track Wife" missing only 4 meets in 4 years and logging countless miles in cars and on planes, then on to 4 years of medical school and now both being half-way through surgical residencies and working on average 100 hours a week (each, not combined). Todd tolerates more than any man I know would or should. He cooks, cleans, does laundry and grocery shopping. He lived in a ghetto studio hotel room in SLC while he finished medical school and I started residency living in a fantastic apartment overlooking the Bay Bridge in SF. He brings not only me, but my entire on-call team, dinner at the hospital. He carries me to bed when I am absolutely too utterly exhausted to walk the short distance from the couch to bedroom, never forgetting to get my alarm set for the next morning. He allows me to stay in bed and answer intern and resident endless pages and phone calls all through the night even though he may be on call the next day. He is loving, kind, thoughtful, supportive, a worth priesthood holder and exercises that power within our home, and never fails to bring a smile to my face even when all I want to do is cry. How blessed I am to be his wife. If asked to make a list of the qualities I hoped and looked for in a husband, my best list would have fallen very short of the man that Todd is. I love and adore him more than I ever imagined possible! Thanks babe for the best 9 years...can't wait for the next 9 and many more to come!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

You made me cry with your description of Todd! He is a very good man and a perfect match for you. I am thankful you found each other. You are a great couple. Happy Anniversary!

Laurel said...

I cried too! that was so sweet and so true. You are both amazing people and so perfect for each other. We all are proud of you and miss you so much. I can't wait for Seattle so we can all be together!

Mindy M. said...

Happy Anniversary to two wonderful people!! You make the best couple and compliment each other!! Todd is a wonderful husband and you are also a wonderful wife!! Hope you have a great day and are able to share a minute together ~ go to dinner or even have cheesecake!! Love ya both!!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize that we were married at about the same time. In fact we were going to get married on the
20th, but Charlie made the world USA team and we had to change the date. Of course this was after I had ordered our invitations.(It was a big deal at the time!)
Again Happy Anniversary!

John and Brittney said...

Congratulations, you two are adorable. Can't wait to spend time with you in a couple weeks!

Steven and Whitney said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You two make a great couple--two of the smartest people I know.