Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful father! He is the most loving, generous, smart, dedicated, witty, funny dad. How blessed we are as a family to have him. He is the hardest worker and never thinks of himself, always giving everything possible to those around him. He never fails to be able to make everyone in the room smile and laugh because of his quick wit. I treasure so much being able to talk with him about medicine and know he will understand my fulfillment and frustration. The memories from our family vacations are priceless...and how grateful I am for his continued generosity to our family in providing for trips together and for visits to California. I am so blessed to have a father who honors his priesthood and observe him use it in our home many times while growing up and still today. He was my constant traveling companion to watch Todd run for Weber State for which we both truly enjoyed...especially Todd since he was easier on him after a tough race than I was! I know Todd considers him a second father as well as a dear friend...and I couldn't ask for anything better! Thank you Dad for being you....WE LOVE YOU!

The look on his face is fantastic...

Countless hours have been spent shopping with 4 daughters...many of which he has financed and never complains about!

4 comments:

Emily said...

He is the best and I forgot all about the picture of him blow drying Mom's hair. Classic!

Veronica said...

Meg, you have such a way with words that bring the tears to my eyes. I am so grateful for the great dad you 5 children have.

Laurel said...

Everything you said is so true and we are lucky to have him. Love and miss you!

John S. said...

Thanks for your kind and generous remarks. I am proud of you and Todd. You are accomplishing great things in life and remain excellent examples of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Can't wait to see you again!
Love,
Dad