Sunday, February 14, 2010

Much Needed Rest and Relaxation in Utah

I was able to spend a week in Utah during the month of January. Time with family, playing cards, getting my hair done...it was just what this tired girl was in desperate need of!

I flew in late on a Sunday evening after having completed yet another dreaded trauma call.
Monday was spent playing cards with Grammy and Mindy. I was then able to meet Carl at Weber State and use his educational discount to buy a new laptop as our computer literally blew up right as I was leaving LA. I have since been heaven with my new Mac....so happy to be able to iChat with the rest of the family now!

Tuesday morning was spent in Park City having breakfast and shopping with one of my dearest friends whom I met in medical school...how grateful I am for Alissa's friendship! I was then able to spend the afternoon getting beautified as mom and I both had our hair done...oh how there are few things better!

Wednesday morning Mommy, Grammy and I hit the road to travel to Idaho to spend some time with Jocelyn and Emily. We met Jocey on the BYU-I campus and had a nice lunch with her...although she may say she was tortured as Grammy and I tried to hit on every college-age guy for her! We also visited the Rexburg Temple. It was then off the Emily's house and some priceless time with my precious nephews!

Jocey and I at the Rexburg Temple...


Me, Jocey, and Grammy at the Temple...


I couldn't get enough of the little man...


Crew was able to amuse himself by walking around in my high-heels!
I adore this little boy!



Little Crew is just too cute for words...he really wanted to go to school with Cannon.
He put on Cannon's old cleats without socks, got his coat and backpack and went out to wait for the bus....so adorable! When he couldn't go to school, he decided to entertain himself by shoveling the snow.


On Friday, Mommy and I were able to meet Grammy, Devin and little Ashlynn for lunch. We then met Daddy that evening for dinner and I was able to spend a fabulous night with my parents!





Mom couldn't resist documenting the garbage can run with me in my dress pants and high heels...don't know how they do this every week!


I flew home on Saturday morning and spent some much needed time with my sweet hubby!

The week went by all too quickly...oh how I love every minute that I am able to spend back home in Utah.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for coming up and taking time for me!

Mindy M. said...

I feel cheated! Why didn't we take any pictures when you were out to my place playing cards. Well, at least you got a picture of the cutest little 5 year old ~ little miss Ashy. I am so glad you were able to get away for a bit and see the family! Miss ya lots! See ya in March!!

Maycock Family said...

How much fun! Family is a great remedy when you are feeling EXHAUSTED! Looks like you had a great time!

Team Tingey said...

So glad you got some time off. You sure need to take some time for yourself. I still can't get over how busy you and Todd both are. It's amazing how much time you spend at the hospital. Well keep up the good work.

Alissa said...

loved to see you! can't wait to do it again.

Jen said...

Hello Megan!! I was so excited to find you. Wow, what an adventure you and Todd have been through. I'm very impressed with all of your hard work! Amazing. I could never do it.

We have 2 years left of an oral surgery residency and I often wonder how my husband does it. We are here at The Mayo Clinic and surrounded by many different specialties and boy is it a demanding lifestyle for you guys. So much hard work and sacrifice involved. So best wishes to both you and Todd! Again, what a great accomplishment!

Veronica said...

We loved having you hear dear girl. I don't know how I missed seeing this blog post. Love the pictures and especially seeing you in your designer clothes and the garbage cans in tow. I always love any time spent with you. Can't wait for our quick trip to CA and then time in June. Love you!