Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Surgery Graduation Party 2008

Here are a few pics from the party to honor our graduating chiefs...Wanted to let my family and friends now be able to put a face to all of the names I talk about so often and spend so much of my time with!




JBK (Justin) and Joyce...2 of the new chiefs and who I spend the past weeks at Kaiser with.

You won't find a more fashionable guy that JBK...even with my best efforts, Todd still resists enough to fall a little short! I owe my cute graduation dress to JBK who was able to persuade Todd it was worth every pennny! Joyce and I were often found shoppin on the web while inbetween cases!

Juliette was my chief for part of my colorectal and vascular rotations this past year!
She is always smiling and helps you to laugh when you just sometimes want to cry!
She is heading to USC for a laparoscopic/colorectal fellowship.


Alicia was my chief last year on CT surgery and this year on vascular surgery!
She is an absolute crack up...favorite Alicia quote to patient we ambutated part of their foot:
"How is your paw feeling this morning?"
She is starting at City of Hope in LA for a surgical oncology fellowship...very prestigious!


Alex and I have probably spent more time together these past 2 years than Todd and I.
He was my chief on CT sugery, GI-Onc and SICU/trauma last year, vascular surgery this year.
He and Todd are actually long-lost clones. They couldn't be more alike in their attitude and approach to things...especially when they are dealing with me!
Favorite Alex quotes:
"Don't worry. I can fix anything you mess up."
Alex is going to UT-Southwestern for a plastic surgery fellowship
(one of the best in the nation).

The girls of General Surgery...
From Left to Right:
Joyce (5th year), Arezou (2nd year), Taryne (3rd year), Me (3rd year),
Rebecca (intern) and Sari (intern)

A few of the OR techs who take such good care of us...
Amy (red dress) is like my second mother. A trauma call night doesn't go by without some wonderful homemade food from Amy to help you survive until morning! She has even been known to bring you food in on a night she isn't even working!
Ida and Ricardo (white suit, far right) also really look out for the residents!
Cliff (2nd from the left) is one of my fellow 3rd year residents!



Caridad (red shirt) is a fiesty Cuban who is an OR tech at both Harbor and Kaiser.
She always gives you what you need and not what you ask for!
Lily is our CT surgery specialty nurse. She is able to interrpret the Lebonese mumble from
our CT surgeon, and always has food and a hug just when you need it
whether you are on her service or not!





6 comments:

Veronica said...

So nice to see the people you talk about all the time. They look like nice friends and a good support for you. You look so pretty! Glad you had a good time and can't wait until YOU ARE THE GRADUATE!!! Love you so much and I am so proud of you.

Emily said...

Looks like you had a great night. Love the dress too!

Mindy M. said...

I love all the pictures!! You are so amazing!! You make me laugh with all your descriptions and medical verbage!! I don't think anyone one of those people are smarter than you though ~ you are THE smartest person I know (sorry Brady). Love and miss you!! LOTS

Alissa said...

LOVE the dress!!! Go Mischka.

Laurel said...

Loved to see all the people you work with. You looked great in the dress.

Jill said...

Fun to see all the great people you work with. Cute dress!!