Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cancun---A week in PARADISE!!!

Todd and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary albeit a little belated in Cancun, Mexico this last October. We had a fabulous week of doing absolutely nothing but sitting by the beach or the pool, pampering ourselves with a day at the spa, eating about 5 wonderful meals a day and catching up on some much needed time together!!!


Here we are...off to paradise!

Our room..."Happy Anniversary"
Dinner the first night at the resort...over a pool, sunset beach in the background!


Our room's sitting area...

Beautiful day at the beach...

Beware...may need your sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare of these white legs!

How an albino takes a nap on the beaches of Mexico...
Todd just kept adding layers as the sun starting setting and I was in its burning rays!

The lazy-river pool we spent hours enjoying!

The view from the hot-tub that was in our room...

Our private roof-top pool for just our room!

View from the balcony of our roof...

Todd enjoying our private roof...

"I am never going home!!!"

Another wonderful lunch...

Good sun and shade, good non-alcoholic daiquiri, good book...who can ask for anything more!

We seriously ate all day long between meals and room service...still trying to lose the 5 extra pounds that came home with me!

Oh how I love this man!!!

Enjoying the hammocks that hang over the lazy river!

Our pool and balcony at sunset...

As our trip was coming to an end, we felt that it would be a crime to travel to Mexico and not take the opportunity to visit Chichen Itza, the famous Mayan ruins a few hours away from Cancun. We were able to arrange a tour through our resort and we were sure glad we did! However, after about 5 minutes the albino girl was sure melting in the 118 degree Mexican sun!

In front of the Mayan "spa baths"

The Mayan water hole...

The serpent heads at the staircase...

On our way back to the city of Cancun, we stopped at a natural water hole that you hike 1/2 mile straight down from ground level to get to.

We are half way down the stone staircase...

A view from above...

Todd just as he is ready to hit the water from the jumping platform!


What a fabulous vacation spent with the love of my life!!!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

Looks like a heavenly vacation and the room and all the extras is amazing. I think it would be a great place to go to relax. I am glad that you and Todd were able to sneak away by yourselves. You needed time together. I m sure you are wishing you were back there about now!!! Love you and can't wait to see you in a month!

Alissa said...

Oh my gosh! That room is amazing. What a great trip.

Emily said...

I am thinking Greg and I need to schedule a trip there. It looked amazing. Glad you had a fabulous time!

John and Brittney said...

I loved the pictures!! It likes you guys had such a great time, I'm so jealous. So glad you got some time to relax.

Laurel said...

LOVED all the pictures. I am JEALOUS of how nice your trip was. You guys definitely deserved it! I am glad it was so fun and that you didn't get skin cancer ; ). Love you guys!