Monday, November 9, 2009

Vacation to Utah...

Yes, another week off of work == another visit to Utah.

Along with being able to spend much-longed for time with our families, Todd and I were also able to meet with physicians, administrators and recruiters from McKay-Dee Hospital and discuss future job opportunities.

Even more exciting was the blessing of having Laurel and Paisley visiting from Pittsburgh!!!

I was able to leave LA a few days before my dear hubby. I arrived in Utah on Saturday, September 26. I was met at the airport by Daddy, Mommy, Grammy, Laurel and Jocey and we headed straight to Provo for the BYU-CSU game. Thankfully BYU didn't disappoint (hard to believe this season I know) and provided a win!


Sunday is always a wonderful day when home. I was able to go to church and hear Dad's fabulous Sunday School lesson. It was then off to Devin's for a celebration of all of the September Birthdays!

Only our best sides please!

Sweet Sisters minus Emily.

Princess Paisley is requesting no pictures at this time...

Mommy and Daughters...we miss you Emily!

Mommy, sisters, cousin MaKenzie and Aunt Mindy...sure adore those beauties!
Monday morning I was able to meet with a surgeon at the Ogden Clinic to talk about surgical practice in Ogden. The rest of the day was spent playing cards and lunching, shopping, and meeting Daddy for dinner at Cafe Rio (no trip to Utah is complete without Cafe Rio pork)....what were we thinking...no pictures?

Me and my gorgeous Mommy!

Me and my beautiful Grammy!
How blessed I am to have the love, support and example of these two marvelous women!
Tuesday was spent meeting with the big-wigs from McKay-Dee...oh how I hope I can have a job there one day!!! Tuesday was also Christine's birthday and we were able to celebrate by going to dinner with Todd's Mom and Dad.

Happy Birthday Christine...beautiful flowers compliments of Jimmys Floral.
Wednesday was a bitter-sweet day as we had to bid farewell to Laurel and my Princess P. We stopped for lunch at CPK before going to the airport.

Me and my Princess...she really isn't scared of me...

She was really supposed to be mine...see the resemblance???



The best hubby in the entire world..at the most handsome!

How how I love and adore this little girl!



Mommy, Laurel and Me...
Wednesday night we were able to spend visiting and playing cards with our dear friends Bill and Heather...Todd and Bill were classmates in medical school.

The winning side of the table!

Don't frown just because you are losing!



Thursday was a day at the salon...mommy and I were able to have Auntie Emily beautify us. That night, the Grunander Family got together to officially celebrate Christine's Birthday. Enjoyed a yummy dinner at Timbermine!



Todd's Mom and Dad


The Grunander Clan
Friday was spent running errands and playing cards with Grammy and Aunt Mindy! Take-out, spoon me and the BYU-USU game filled the night.
Saturday I was able to meet with my sweet friends from high school, have lunch at Sonora Grill...a stop every time we visit and then it was back to LA for Todd and me....however, only to prepare to leave the next day for Cancun...more posts to follow.
Thanks again to our families and friends for another wonderful visit...I can count on one had the number of visits we have left before we are finally home for good!!! We love and miss you all!!!

7 comments:

Veronica said...

It was so much fun having you here! We loved the visit and it always passes in a flash. We certainly packed in the activities, didn't we? I almost cried thinking that you can count on one hand the number of visits left until you might move here. What a joy that would be. Can't wait! Love you dear daughter.

Jill said...

Looks and sounds like another great time spent with your family.
I didn't realize y'all were getting that close to being done in LA. How exciting!

Emily said...

Glad you had such a nice visit! Wish I would have been able to join in the fun. Hopefully next time!

Laurel said...

Absolutely love all your pictures! That was the best spur of the moment trip and I am so glad we could all be together! We love you and miss you and hope you had a good day!

The Spencer Family said...

Only one hand of visits left!! That is the best feeling - hopefully we can see you when you return. Trust me though, it is not easy. I ache for my friends and ward back in Arakansas! Good luck with the job hunt!

Maycock Family said...

It was sure good to see you... even if it wasn't for very long!!! Hopefully you will soon be out here for good!! Can't wait to see the Cancun Pictures!!

Team Tingey said...

So glad you were able to spend some good quality time with your families. We can't wait to come and stay with you guys in a few weeks. It has been such a long time.