Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reflection on the Year....Past and Present.



It is funny how the changing of a date can bring so much reflection on things past, present and future. However, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and document my hopes for the New Year....

The Past Year:
--Completed a very difficult year of fellowship at Cedars-Sinai and subsequently passed my Surgical Critical Care boards. Many times throughout that year the thought of quitting more than crossed my mind. However, how grateful I am for the lessons learned (medical and not) and finished what I had committed to do.
--Celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary...oh how blessed I am to be married to the love of my life and best friend!
--Able to spend time with family and friends, including numerous trips to Utah, visitors to California, and a fabulous trip to Mexico with the hubby.
--Have the ending of residency even more in sight as Todd and I have starting meeting with groups to discuss job opportunites and Todd starting the process of applying for fellowship.

The Upcoming Year:
--GET PREGNANT!!!
--Todd will match into a fellowship
--Todd and I will become chief residents
--trip to Hawaii in June with the entire Wolthuis clan
--sign a contract for a job
--be a better missionary and example to those that I work with
--look for opportunities to serve those around me
--lead a more Christ-like life

10 comments:

Alissa said...

You are so close! Can't wait to see you next week.

Emily said...

Can't believe you guys are almost done...What an accomplishment. Can't wait to see what a little Grunander baby looks like! Love you and best wishes for a Happy 2010!

Veronica said...

Meg, you are the busiest of us all and have such inspiring goals. You are always an example to me. I definitely agree with Emily and can't wait to see what a little Todd/Megan creation will look like and be like. It will be wonderful. I am proud of you and your determination to work through such a long and hard year in Critical Care. You definitely learned many things medical and not as you stated. Can't wait for your visit next week. Love you!

Laurel said...

I have tears in my eyes reading your top goal in 2010. I am so excited! You are amazing, with so little personal time in your life, your goals are still to serve others. You are such a good example to me, I love you!

Anonymous said...

Love your long hair, you two look very happy. Maybe you have time to look this over, I dont know. Just stopping in to let you know about a place;The United States of Earth: I discovered a network of people involved in the push to protect our Constitutional rights and to swear allegiance to our country and its citizens. Come fight the tyranny of tomorrow. http://www.usofearth.com/index.php

Jill said...

Get Pregnant!!! Now that is so exciting! How wonderful that will be! ....and a trip to Hawaii with the whole clan again, well that will be the fabulous! Sounds like a wonderful 2010!!

John and Brittney said...

Hopefully we will both be getting pregnant in 2010, then the Grunander baby and Wolthuis baby can be buddies! Love you it was so fun to spend time with you in LA. Can't wait for Hawaii.

Unknown said...

Todd/Megan,

I was looking through some things online and some how found links to this site. It is good to see that you two are doing what you have always wanted. Check out mine and see what a whirlwind of a life I have had since track ended.

http://www.lorenzonthemove.blogspot.com/

Lee

Steven and Whitney said...

You have already accomplished so much but I can't wait for you to be a mom. It is the best thing in the world! Good luck. Love you and miss you!

Heidi said...

Hi Megan! Exciting goals for 2010! Yes, Seth did interview in California, but only at UCSD. It's a top contender for sure! And thanks for offering your place a while back, Seth actually had an old roommate that he stayed with. Congratulations on almost being done!