Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh, the GLORY DAYS...





I have to pay homage to my husband...he truly is a good sport. My boss is active and athletic and spends his weekends running 5ks and participating in triathlons. As soon as he heard that Todd was a collegiate sprinter, he has been dying to race him for the past 2 years....Well, that race finally took place a week ago. First the debate...do you run with him for most of the race and then sprint ahead the last half mile, do you let the big man win or do you just go out and run your best??? The competitive edge got the best of Todd as he heard the starting pistol and off he went, never to see my boss again until after the race was over. For an old man and a sprinter, Todd should be very proud of himself...finished 21st out of 4000 racers and was 1st for his age division....oh Coach Hislop himself would be proud..."Coach says...."

4 comments:

Mindy M. said...

Wow! After ALL these years, Todd still has the energy to run a 5K!! He IS the man!! Look at those calves! Ohhh baby, Megan, you are lucky!!

Steven and Whitney said...

Good job Todd!

Laurel said...

Todd is amazing as always. I wish I could be with you guys right now, but in June I will be. Thanks for all your support and help with Brady. He will be done in an hour or so and I am a nervous wreck! Thanks for the nice post to Brady. We love and miss you!

Veronica said...

Glad you could show a little Weber State speed to those LA docs! You have the speed still. Congrats to you Todd! Thanks for a great trip. We loved seeing you and Meg.