Saturday, May 3, 2008

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission...


Todd and I have had the blessing of having the sister missionaries as frequent dinner guests in our home since moving to Los Angeles. On average, we feed them about 2 times a month. Well, this past week a free meal for them turned into a missionary outing for Todd and me. Last Saturday, we ventured to a less than desirable neighborhood in Los Angeles to meet the sisters for a teaching appointment with a member sister and her non-member husband. We parked on the street and found our way past the man smoking, drinking a beer and somehow finding a free hand to work on his car as well as a group of Mexicans listening to loud music in their yard. We were able to make our way to the apartment of the couple but not before knocking on the wrong door first. We entered into a very small and very over-stuffed apartment where this couple lives. Todd and I shared a chair while a dirty cat kept jumping back and forth over us. We managed to share a lesson about the Book of Mormon prophets and each take a moment to share a small testimony with this man. Dinner was then served, however Todd and I passed as we were on our way to a surprise birthday party for friends that evening.....plus, I just couldn't get over the cat jumping around on EVERYTHING! In the end, I shared with Todd my realization that I absolutely wouldn't have lasted a week as a missionary and how much I greatly admire all of those who serve our Lord! I hope they call me on a mission....OR NOT!
--By the way, these are not the sister missionaries currently serving in our area...

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Megan, You are a missionary everyday with the unusual life you lead as a "Mormon" woman! I am proud of you. You share your testimony daily by your example of living a good life in a challenging profession full of stress, extreme fatigue, and making life and death decisions many times daily. YOU ARE ALREADY ON A MISSION! Love you!