Saturday, May 3, 2008

Modest Fashion 2008






I had the great priviledge of attending The Modest Fashion Show 2008 today. Some great girls in our stake that work in the fashion industry went to an incredible amount of work to put together an outdoor runway show today near the Los Angeles Temple. All of the models were from the Ford Modeling Agency. I went with 5 girls from my ward and had an awesome time. We went extra early so that we could be some of the first 100 peope in order to get a "swag bag". My bag contained a Layers dress and cami, Stila lip gloss, hair accesories, and Eliza magazine. The show focused on being FASHIONABLE AND MODEST! They had numerous stores and designers donate their clothing and the show was definitely a hit! It gave me some great ideas on how to make something modest that maybe at its base is not. The 2 underlying must-haves of every outfit....layering and accesories!

Check out the web page at www.mofash.org

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe you got a Layers Dress in your swag bag! Can't wait to see it on you....it will be so cute. I am glad you had a chance to get away from work and do something with the "girls." I love the picture of the bright skirts....cute. Love you.

Mindy M. said...

Wow!! How fun!! And to get free clothes to boot!! That sounds like a great idea, too bad things like that don't take place in other states! The run-way clothes looked really cute and so do your friends. Love & miss ya!

Emily said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun. I wish I could have gone!

Jocelyn said...

WOW FORD MODELS! MY DREAM! That is so awesome i am so jealous but i'm very glad that you could have some fun time away from work that is sweet!

Jill said...

Hi, my name is Jill, the Event Director for MoFash. I stumbled upon your blog and couldn't help but comment.
Thanks for attending and your positive words. We worked really hard on it. It was a first for us, we hoped people would enjoy it, and come away with some good ideas. FYI, we plan to keep the website up for the year with pictures and video of the show.

Thanks again for supporting!

Jill said...

This looks like it was so fun. A goodie bag with free clothes, how great is that!!

Alissa said...

I love it! I wish I could have come!!!

Sakura Rose said...

That's awesome! I have often thought that there should be more events that bring together all the top companies in modest fashion. It's cool to hear that it's starting to happen!

Jessica
Owner, Sakura Rose Boutique
www.sakurarose.com