Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to the two most wonderful women....my mom and my grandma!

I am so very blessed to have the influence in my life and aspire to be even half of the person that they both are!

My Mom truly is a shining example of love and kindness to all those around her! She neven utters an unkind word about anyone! Her support is endless! She has always made me believe that I can do anything I set my mind to and never let me give up! She is the first person I call with good or bad news and know that she is always there to listen! Regardless of how busy she is or what she is doing, she always makes time for you! Even Todd spends his time driving home from work many days talking with her! She makes everyone around her feel loved and important! She spends her life thinking of ways to serve others, always putting herself last on the list of needs to be met. She is absolutely adored by all who know her! She is truly the best wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend and I am truly blessed to be her daughter!

My Grandma never fails to put a smile on my face! I love the times that I am sitting on the 405 (also known as the world's largest parking lot) and talking about my week with Grammy. She always keeps my updated with what is going on with everyone in the family. She never misses an event that Todd or I are participating in! She is our constant roommate on family vacations and she and Todd never cease to gang up on me regarding the room temperature! She is the original "Card Shark" that we all aspire to beat! She is my favorite traveling companion and I will forever remember fondly our trip to Beverly Hills while I was interviewing for residency as we drove around in our little red Mustang and shopped at the Beverly Center. She is a friend to all, as you can't go anywhere with her without running into six people who love her just as much as her family does!

Happy Mothers Day! Wish I was there to celebrate with you...am counting the days to May 31!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so grateful to be the mother of Megan, Emily, Johnny, Laurel, and Jocelyn. I am blessed.
I can't think of anything better than being the wife to John and the mother of you amazing children. I love you Megan.

John and Brittney said...

Dr. Megan, Thank you for your kind words about mom and grandma. You are much more eloquent than I am! I love and appreciate the amazing women (my mother, mothers, and mothers to be) that I am blessed to have in my life! Love youk, JCW

Mindy M. said...

Megan, you are wonderful!! You will be such a great mother one day because of the great examples of mothers you have had in your life!! You are a perfect wife and a great friend to all!! Love ya!!

Laurel said...

You are so sweet. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. i also loved the story about koby!