Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Laurel Ann!


Happy Birthday Laurel! She is a fantastic sister and I am so blessed to have her love and influence in my life! I know that Todd and I both have a special bond and super memories of time spent with Laurel! Laurel was my fearless companion on numerous track trips while Todd was running for Weber State. I was working for Delta Airlines at that time and she and I took numerous trips to California and Oregon together to cheer him on! She always had the energy for a quick trip to the mall for a shopping spree in between races! She was affectionately referred to as "Todd's Second Wife" by all of his teammates! As for Todd, Laurel has spent lots of hours watching movies, talking and touring San Francisco. While I was in Ghana for a month during medical school, sweet Laurel came to Salt Lake to keep Todd company for a week and I know they had a great time. Laurel also came to San Francisco for a visit and while I was working they spent the days exploring the city!

Laurel's support is endless. She is always the first to offer help regardless of what is needed. She has the most tender of hearts and shows all those around her unconditional love. She is truly a righteous example. I have always admired how Laurel does what she knows is right regardless of what those around her are doing or what people might think! She is so super smart and talented! She has accomplished more in her short 22 years than most people I know! I absolutely adore her!!!
(P.S....thanks Emily for the picture...I am doing this while in-between surgeries...)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

What a beautiful tribute...I hope you sisters will always be close friends...that is my wish for always.

Laurel said...

Meg you are such a sweet sister to me. Thanks for taking the time out of your crazy schedule for my birthday. I miss you and love you. Your words were so kind. Thanks!