Thursday, April 30, 2009

A New Car Celebrated at The Melting Pot

It has been quite a while since I had the time to upload pictures and post about what has been happening in our lives, so get ready cuz here I go...

As you all know, Todd was in a horrible car accident on the 405 freeway about a month ago. The insurance company was quick to total his car out...no shock there. However, to our surprise, once the insurance company determines that your car is past the point of repair you have 5, yes FIVE days to have a new car in your possession or any days past that you are responsible for the cost of your rental car. So, Todd and I were miraculously off on the same Saturday with 2 days left of our 5 day deadline...and off we were on the mission to purchase a new vehicle. Prior to leaving the house, countless hours were spent searching the internet. However, Todd and I had VERY different ideas about what kind of car he should purchase....but hey, are any of you surprised by that??? Much to our amazement...zero arguments, one car dealership with one test drive, and two relatively painless hours of paperwork and phone calls to the credit union in Utah and we found ourselves the proud owners of a new vehicle! As we then found ourselves with hours to waste away on a Saturday none the less, we headed off to celebrate with dinner at The Melting Pot....FABULOUS!!!

In the meantime...I have been in 2...yes TWO...small fender-benders within my parking garage within the last month! With the first accident, both of us were at fault (at least I think so), but Todd and I were forced to pay for the other car to be repaired..thankfully no damage to my car. The other occurred as I was pulling out of our parking garage and on to the street that runs in front of our apartment building where a tiny 1986 Toyota Terrcel was blocked from my view by a large Tahoe and I unfortunately hit the car....this time, insurance was involved as both cars were in need of repair. I must admit I have the most wonderful, understanding husband of all time!!! He was never upset with me either time and was only concerned that I was not injured. He did however, ask that I slow down and try to drive more carefully...you got it babe!!!

It is official that Todd and I have become "BAD LA Drivers". We can only hope that there are no more car accidents in our future as we have had enough the past month to last us a long time!

Stay Tuned...more posts to come very shortly...

6 comments:

Mindy M. said...

And Cheesecake for dessert? Love the new car ~ please don't wreck it!!

Laurel said...

Say "I WILL DRIVE SAFELY IN LA!!!" I am so thankful you are both safe and were not injured in the accidents. Can't wait to see Todd's new car! Love you both!

Veronica said...

Sorry Meg. I made a comment but didn't realize that Laurel was signed in. So the above Laurel comment was from dear old mommy!

Emily said...

Glad you are both ok. Sweet ride and Melting Pot Yum!

Laurel said...

love the car and can't wait for a ride and I am so jealous of melting pot...someday I will fork over the cash to go there because everyone loves it!

Jill said...

Is the new car an Acura or Infiniti? Looks beautiful!!!!Glad it was a painless car shopping experience. Those can often be brutal!!!