Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!




Happy Mothers Day to every mother...I admire all of you so much. Your life is more challenging and difficult than most will ever recognize. You work 365 days a year, 24 hours a day without rest or complaint. Your lasting influence on us all is immeasurble!


I would like to take advantage of this special day to honor my precious Mother and Grand mother. How blessed I am to have these two fabulous women in my life!!!


My mother's example of service, unconditional love and kindness know no end. Her support is endless...she has always made me believe that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to and never let me give up even when things were tough! I treasure my phone calls with her and I drive to and from the hospital. Everyone in her presence is made to feel of their importance to her! She is loved and adored by all those who come in contact with her more than she will ever know! Thank you for being the absolutely best wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, and friend and giving us all something to emulate.


My Grandmother is truly one of my most treasured friends! She is always able to make me smile and laugh even when all I may want to do is cry. How I love that regardless of where we may be in Ogden, without fail we will see someone she knows and stop to talk. There is not a bad thing that anyone can say about this remarkable woman. She is the ultimate example of love, kindness, service to others, hard work and sacrifice. She has a love for the temple that permeates to all of her children and grandchildren.


I can only become half of the woman that my mother and grandmother are, than I will have succeeded in something in this life.



And to my dear sisters who are mothers...thank you for sharing your children with me! How I love all of them more than you can imagine! I admire you and the amazing mothers you are! Thank you for setting such a good example for me...I will have a lot to live up to someday!



As I have the blessing and the curse of speaking in sacrament today, I only pray that I can honor all of you as you so deserve...and get by with as few tears as possible...my husband is worried as I was crying just giving him parts of my talk!

3 comments:

Mindy M. said...

I love you Megan and one day you will be the greatest mom!! Thank you for posting such great and inspiring words about your mother and my mother!! I was crying while reading!! Hope all goes well today in church and you will do an awesome job!! Wish I was there to hear you speak!! Love you so much!!

Emily said...

What a special tribute to 2 amazing people! Thanks for being such a sweet aunt to my boys. Love you!

Veronica said...

Thanks so much Megan. I certainly agree with you about your gracious and true words describing your grandma and your sisters. I appreciate you loving me as your mom. I am so grateful to you for being an incredible daughter. From the time you were little, you always made good choices, brought great happiness to your dad and me, and also you have dedicated yourself to achieving your goals and dreams. I love you! I also agree with Mindy --- you will be a great mom! Love you and look forward to our trip to CA.